The Aastra 5000 (A5000) is the new, full Aastra IP solution for business communications. The A5000 software is the cornerstone of the Aastra offer of unified communications and provides its users with all the value-added telephony services of voice, video and mobility.
The Aastra 5000 Server is the essential component of the new Aastra IP telephony solution for large-sized companies.
The Aastra 5000 stands out for its high level of service, its extensibility (150,000 users) and its high availability.
Combined with the applications of the Aastra portfolio, users can benefit from the A5000’s advanced services of unified communications.
The Aastra 5000 application is additionally characterised by its open design structure based on customary standards and in particular the SIP protocol. Furthermore, it conforms to the strategy of openness pursued by Aastra for several years now. Based on this approach, Aastra is achieving the following objectives:
- Securing the customer’s investments on a long-term basis
- Integration of applications such as presence status management, video or simplified operator links (SIP trunk)
- Integration with players such as Microsoft and Exchange 2007 or MOCS applications
- Integration of security (firewall applications)
- Integration of SIP clients for customised services such as in the hospital, hotel or others
The benefits of the Aastra 5000 Server are:
- Simplified integration based on:
o Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL 5) operating system
o The choice model and brand name of server
o The possible cohabitation of the A5000 Server (from R5.1C) and of the AM 7450 (from R2.1D) on the same server
o The possible integration of the A5000 application on a HP ProCurve switch (zl module).
o Directory in LDAP format; an Active Directory Connector is available as an option.
o Subscriber capacity: up to 15,000 IP/SIP subscribers managed per server
o CSTA or VTI XML supervision: 15,000 supervised sessions
o LDAP directory with 200,000 records
o Spatial redundancy of level 2 or 3
o Uninterrupted communications: 90% of the communications are maintained in case of a network or server failure (53xxIP and 67xxi subscribers)
o Improved dual homing (R5.1B)
o MD5 authentication of the 67xxi et 53xxIP(R5.1B) terminals
o Administration in secured HTTPs format
- Simplified administration: AM7450 and/or Aastra Management Portal
- Software compatible with Business Talk IP (BTIP)
- Support of video by default
- With more than 500 functions, the Aastra 5000 is one of the most complete unified communications software solutions available on the market.
A5000 provides more than 500 telephone services for companies, including:
- Telephone services, the result of 20 years of development, of the following types: transfer call, conferences, call forwarding, callback, call by name, secretary-manager filtering, multi-lines, multi-keys, voice prompts,
- Value-added services such as:
o High service quality is achieved thanks to a Call Admission Control topology server which ensures that excess load is managed via ISDN in case of congestion of the WAN links in order to restrict the voice bandwidth on critical links
o Multi-company approach to dedicate resources, and customisation at each business unit of a company
o Roaming mobility service or associated and tandem sets for integrated DECT, WiFi or IP subscribers of the Aastra 53xxip or i7xx type
o Telephone directory in LDAP format which can be synchronised in read/write access mode in particular with the corporate Active Directory server:
o Advanced call distribution mechanisms of the ACD type with hunting groups, overflow, assistance, intercom – telephone presence status management
- Voice service interfaces to connect unified messaging servers or interactive voice servers
o CTI (Computer Telephony Interface) services such as CSTA, TAPI or VTI XML for call centre applications or TWP web services or softphones
o Call distribution mechanisms for the attendant console. Associated with this distribution, the AASTRA 5000 solution provides a specific CTI interface for attendant consoles
o Specific services for hotels/hospitals (check-in/check-out, multi-users applications, etc.)
o MOVACS networking via IP to ensure transparency of telephony services. Furthermore, the current M6500 and NeXspan networks can be connected via MOVACS networking via TDM (software versions R4.1, R4.2 - R5.1)
The A5000 Server solution interfaces with the following Aastra applications:
- Contact centre: ACP Contact Centre
- Conference server: ACP IP Conference Bridge
- Attendant consoles, Call Distribution / Call Reception terminals: ACP Web Attendant
- Interactive voice server: ACP IVR
- Voice Mail, unified voice mail, presence & status managements: Unified Communication Platform (UCP)
- Web service, Desktop CTI, personalised routing, multi-directory connector – Telephony Web Portal (TWP)
- attendant console: i2070
- Aastra Management: AM 7450
- Billing and traffic analysis: Visual Tax Pro
- Hotel gateway: Aastra Hotel Suite
- CTI Tapi gateway: Tapi Open Suite
- Alarm message gateway towards AS 7900 business terminals